7 Signs You Have Adrenal Fatigue
Have you been wondering if you have adrenal fatigue? Here are some common symptoms and experiences that may be a sign that you need to take a serious look at your adrenal health.
1. You feel “wired but tired”. You have a hard time getting out of bed in the morning. However, at night you get a burst of energy. You might have trouble falling asleep or maybe you feel that no matter how much sleep you get you never feel energized when you wake up.
2. You crave sugar, chocolate, coffee, salt and other stimulants to get through the day. You especially crave that late afternoon “pick me up” coffee or treat.
3. No matter what you do, you can’t lose weight.. especially belly fat. It’s so frustrating! You feel like you aren’t getting any output for the amount of energy input you’re putting into your health. Calorie counting and exercises have little impact on your weight…..You’ve haven’t even seen results from that paleo or gluten free diet you’re following. It’s not as easy to lose weight like it used to be for you.
4. You’re chronically stressed and easily overwhelmed. You know you need to get your stress levels under control but you can’t calm down. Sometimes, you have anxiety that seems to come from nowhere, heart palpitations at night and even panic attacks.
5. You feel extremely fatigued after exercising. It takes a couple days for your body to fully recover from exercising. You can’t give it all you’ve got like you used to.
6. Your experience signs of other hormone imbalances. Such as amplified menopause and perimenopause symptoms (hot flashes, water retention, insomnia, brain fog and mood swings), increase in menstrual problems (cramping, irregular periods, PMS) and hypothyroid symptoms (hair loss, cold hands and feet, constipation and a slow metabolism).
7. You don’t feel like yourself anymore. This is a big one (I’ve had so many woman tell me this!). You’re wondering where your confidence and zest for life went. Your sex drive is low, you’ve got brain fog and you don’t want to leave your house as much anymore. Even accomplishing little tasks can be a challenge for you.
Everyone is going to experience their own unique set of symptoms but I want you to know that is possible to heal your adrenal fatigue naturally. The best results come from making targeted lifestyle changes and working with a clinician who can help you uncover to the underlying cause of your hormone imbalance and set you up with appropriate treatment protocols.
Madeline MacKinnon is a Calgary based certified nutritionist and the founder of Natural Hormone Healing. She dedicates her time, energy and education to help women from around the world balance their hormones naturally without drugs. Her unique and effective system synthesizes the most cutting-edge discoveries in the field of nutritional technologies, super foods, traditional food nutrition and herbalism and combines them with the latest hormone testing, spa healing, and transformational coaching.
In addition to working with her own private clients, Madeline teaches workshops throughout western Canada and is an instructor at The Light Cellar’s teaching kitchen in Calgary AB. She teaches classes on traditional food nutrition, elixir making, food as medicine culinary arts and natural hormone healing.