This upgraded bone broth soup promotes glowing skin and healthy digestion with the collagen from the bone broth, the fresh turmeric and ginger root. The greens give you a dose of hormone healthy folate, magnesium, and plant based calcium. Pack this soup in a thermos and accompany it with a high protein salad for a perfect hormone balancing meal.
- 2 cups of Bone Broth (any flavor will work well)
- ½ medium Yellow Onion, diced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and shredded (dicing will also work well)
- 4 Celery Stalks, diced
- 1” Fresh Ginger, skin removed and thinly sliced with a veggie peeler
- 1” Fresh Turmeric, skin removed and thinly sliced with a veggie peeler
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper, to taste
- Handful of Fresh Greens, chopped, to garnish
In a medium saucepan, add ½ cup of bone broth and heat to medium. Add diced onion and garlic and bring to a simmer.
Add shredded carrots and diced celery and remaining bone broth continue simmering until the veggies are soft, about 10 minutes.
Add fresh ginger and fresh turmeric slices and remove from the stove.
Season with additional sea salt to taste and a generous sprinkle of black pepper (black pepper is known to help your body absorb turmeric so be sure to include it in your soup).
Store in a portable container and garnish with your favorite chopped greens (pictured is chopped chard leaves).
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Sarah Steffens is a Personal Chef based in Los Angeles. She specializes in Paleo, Autoimmune and Whole30 cooking and believes food is the starting ground for practicing kindness to one’s body, mind and spirit. In addition to cooking for private clients, she also creates recipes and photography for Whole30. She shares recipes and kitchen tips at Savor & Fancy.