This is a great recipe to prepare during the luteal phase of your cycle, if you are supporting your body in order to conceive, and for preventing PMS symptoms.
Tahini is high in Vitamin B6 which has been shown in research to prevent PMS and support progesterone levels.
Quinoa is high in protein and fiber, which means it is great for blood sugar balance. This grain is high in magnesium which also prevents PMS symptoms.
Sweet potatoes are high in betacarotine which supports progesterone production. The presence of betacarotine in food is often easy to spot because of orange colour. Make sure to include lots of orange-coloured foods in your luteal phase for this reason; you need to support your progesterone levels in this phase. Nutritional yeast also has B-vitamins to balance moods and spinach is high in vitamin-E to help your body metabolize estrogens.
This Sweet Potato Quinoa Bowl is generally a wonderful alternative to traditional comfort food- eat it to keep your blood sugar stable and provide your body with the nutritional building blocks needed to balance hormones!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 1 medium sweet potato, diced
- 2 Tbsp coconut oil OR ghee
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 8 cups baby spinach, washed
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 large chicken breasts, cooked and shredded in bite size pieces
- 1 green onion, sliced
- ½ cup tahini paste
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- ½ tsp chili powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Arrange the diced sweet potato on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Toss it with the coconut oil and sea salt. Roast in the oven until the potatoes are soft and have begun to caramelize, about 25-30 minutes.
- Cook quinoa in a medium pot by bringing the water and quinoa to a boil over high heat, then cover and turn down to low until it is fluffy and dry, about 15 minutes. Let sit with the lid on for another 5 minutes, then fluff with a fork.
- Lightly steam the spinach in a steamer basket over a pot with an inch of boiling water for 2 minutes.